Tuesday 10 September 2013

Easten Yellow Robin Nest

Well I was planning on waiting for some chicks then posting a cool timeline about the robin growth however I am impatient and well you know how nature is.. There might never be chicks to post. 

This morning on my walk I noted one robin feeding another. This seems unusual for an adult bird to be feeding another adult bird. I had seen this behaviour before and had read that a male EYR (seen in pic #4 with a spider for the missus) will feed the female while she is on the nest. I waited for a bit and true enough I was rewarded with mummy showing me her beautiful nest.

This site was flooded in the beginning of the year and almost every branch is covered in some extra leaves and grasses which makes it difficult to spot a nest. You can see in the third image how well camouflaged this beautiful structure is. And wow aren't those glossy green eggs something. 

I do hope to see some babies soon.


1 comment:

  1. I've never found an EYR nest. Those eggs certainly are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete